March 31, 2008

100th user

Last Saturday, the 100th account was created on SCF.

Apart from that, I added highscore displays recently, so you are able to check who has collected the most points. This works pretty well, and someone already has more than 1700.

I'm thinking of splitting up users to different teams. Blue cubes vs Red cubes for example. Teams can play to get the highest score (per player, of course), and things like that. I'm not sure about this tough, but I'm already making a system for this, in case people like the idea.

I guess that was it, for this update. I'll make some screenshots of the new features today, and I will post them right here.

3 comments:

  1. Dit word echt vet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it's pretty good so far. I would recomend keeping the server up for a while. I have no clue how servers work, but I don't think it would be hard to leave a program up while you sleep, or while you work on the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't host the server myself, it's done by a friend. The hosting requires the running of a program indeed, but I can't expect him to keep his computer on for the whole day.

    Anyway, I got a offer from someone to host the game for me, that would be at night I assume (or day, actually, in some countries). This will be done after the game's engine is fully complete (data traffic is still a bit too high).

    ReplyDelete